With GCC wide VAT laws on the horizon, through this workshop we aim to address the following pressing questions and concerns from UAE businesses:
- Why they need to be ready and be pro-active in planning a strategy for VAT?
- When they should start preparing for the VAT?
- What they need to do to be VAT ready?
- What are the challenges in VAT implementation and experience in other countries?
- Whether they should engage third party consultants and if yes, how intensive should the engagement be?
- What happens in the post-VAT laws announcement and post-VAT registration?
The Crowe Horwath VAT workshop’s objective is to enable and empower UAE businesses to address the above-stated questions in more structured ways. This will eventually enable businesses to have a VAT implementation plan which is suitable for their industry sector.
Which topics are being covered?
- Introduction to VAT
- GCC VAT Framework Agreement and UAE latest update
- Technology and VAT
- Practical aspects of VAT and accounting treatment of VAT
- VAT Implication on Group entities and branches
- Excise Tax and Federal Tax Procedural Law