Improving Regulatory Compliance Leads to Strong Corporate Governance
Each industry has different regulatory risks, and these challenging regulations are changing all the time. Sidestepping or ignoring complex regulations may affect other risk areas – such as fraud and technology risk – and lead to heavy fines, loss of internal control, and even prosecution.
Many organizations have compliance functions to address various regulations, which in turn drive good corporate governance. Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) compliance enables public companies to assure stakeholders they are strengthening internal controls over financial reporting, an element of effective corporate governance for these companies.
Crowe Horwath GRC can help you anticipate regulatory changes, develop pragmatic solutions, streamline compliance processes, and modify organizational structures. These efforts will improve the effectiveness of risk management, compliance, and internal audit. Specifically, they can assist with:
- Sarbanes-Oxley 404 (SOX)
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML);
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA);
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA);
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC);
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance;
- Pre-Initial Public Offering (IPO) compliance readiness;
- Mortgage Credit Directive (MCD);
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) conversion consulting;
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability (HIPAA) and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act; and
- Statement on Auditing Standards (SAS) No. 70 and Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE) No. 16 services.
Wherever your company is on the compliance journey, from cost reductions, performance improvement, and compliance aggregation to complete enterprise risk management (ERM), Crowe Horwath GRC’s extensive experience in large and complex compliance engagements and readiness to respond to an organization’s rapidly expanding global regulatory needs can give you the edge you’ve been looking for.